Start > Driving licence forum > Anyone want to try a different…

Anyone want to try a different approach?

Alf 2023-07-17 11:24 ! Quote #
Guest 2023-05-26
BTW, for the above replies.

It’s funny you think Swedish are good drivers.

How many of you can drive comfortably in a country, let’s say India?

I think just because your driving test is hard doesn’t make you a good driver.

I have no problem driving in India. Can you?
I’d say they are terrible drivers.
Bus drivers curb-bites while turning all the time.

They drive by the rules and don’t know how to react in a dangerous situation. Agree with you, if they have to drive in another country they end it up having a stroke because of the stress.
bigballs 2023-07-20 23:05 ! Quote #
WTF
Guest 2023-09-09 17:59 ! Quote #
Victor 2023-03-15
I tried the practical driving test 8 times and come to the conclusion that the test is too intangible. Different inspector says different things and they sometimes conflict with each other.

I’m fairly certain they make it difficult to 1. make more profits (obviously) and 2. only pass a small group of people with a certain type of personality.

By a certain type of personality I mean you basically need to assume that all other cars on the road can’t take care of themselves and it’s your responsibility to 100% take care of them while following the ”rules” that only exist in some inspector’s head.

After reading some posts here about people spending xxx,xxx SEK on this scam, I decided to try a different approach.

I’ll get a driver’s license overseas and go to Romania to convert to EU license then come back to Sweden.

Considering the long queue in Sweden, this method won’t take too much more time, plus an oversea vacation. For residence permits in other countries, a simple university course should do. I don’t need to actually finish the study.

I’m sharing the method here and I’m curious if anyone wants to join the trip. :)
Does it work?
Guest 2023-10-05 03:37 ! Quote #
Hey all,

Wow, this thread really blew up! Here are some updates.

I’m currently in Romania. I just returned from my hometown and am now preparing to convert my driver’s license to a Romanian one.

For those considering doing the same, there are two main scenarios:

1. If you possess a Swedish/EU passport: You can easily travel to Romania and register your residence. The process is simple and straightforward. However, before making the move, I recommend obtaining a driver’s license in another country. You can then convert this license. Alternatively, you can also take a driver’s test in Romania. From what I’ve gathered, the process can be much simpler than in Sweden.

2. If you don’t have a Swedish passport: Don’t worry, you’re still in a good position. In this case, you can head to your home country to obtain a driver’s license, which is the route I took. Subsequently, I enrolled in a university program in Romania, allowing me to secure a local residence permit.

For those considering obtaining a non-EU license first and then converting it to a Romanian one, I suggest checking the following list to ensure your country is recognized: legislatie.just.ro/Public/DetaliiDocumentAfis/161846

Don’t hesitate! If you haven’t spent much in Sweden, this approach could be more cost-effective. I’ve heard of many who’ve spent over 30K SEK without achieving their goal.

Think of it as an extended trip. Romania is a delightful country to spend a few months in, with most things being quite affordable.

To all the haters on this thread: Ultimately, it’s my choice on how I get my license. Soon enough, I’ll be enjoying the Swedish roads. Wish me well! As for eco-friendly driving – f**k it!

Best of luck, everyone!
you suck lol 2023-10-08 21:46 ! Quote #
I got my drivers license in Sweden on my first attempt as an ”privatist” (2 lessons). The fact that you had to temporarily live in Romania because you weren’t good enough a driver to get a SWEDISH license is pathetic. I sincerely hope you get your license revoked and have to go the same path everyone else takes :)

För er andra som tänkt ta samma väg denna trafikfara tagit, kan det vara värt att veta att teorin och uppkörningen bara är snäppet lättare än här i Sverige (ni kan inte heller muta er väg till ett körkort).
pekegeng 2023-10-09 10:05 ! Quote #
you suck lol 2023-10-08
I got my drivers license in Sweden on my first attempt as an ”privatist” (2 lessons). The fact that you had to temporarily live in Romania because you weren’t good enough a driver to get a SWEDISH license is pathetic. I sincerely hope you get your license revoked and have to go the same path everyone else takes :)

För er andra som tänkt ta samma väg denna trafikfara tagit, kan det vara värt att veta att teorin och uppkörningen bara är snäppet lättare än här i Sverige (ni kan inte heller muta er väg till ett körkort).
To each their own. Time will tell.
Guest 2023-10-09 22:42 ! Quote #
you suck lol 2023-10-08

I choose to get my driver license however I see fit. Too bad, there is nothing you can do about it.

It’s called being smart. I decide what I can do and how I do it, not some driving inspectors with below average driving experience. Wanna test your driving skill, go drive in India, Pakistan or Egypt, see if you can handle it.

As for your other comments, how do you know it’s only a little easier than Sweden? Have you tried?

Also the best way is to secure a driver license outside of EU. This is easier for people with other passports like me.

However, a lot of Swedish students are studying aboard nowadays. If you are one of them, be smart and get it done abroad just in case you need to go to Romania.
Guest 2023-12-05 16:28 ! Quote #
If people here really think that after getting a Swedish license you know how to drive safely, you clearly haven’t seen how badly many people drive here, or maybe you are one of them: no indicating when changing the lane/ no indicating when exiting round abouts/ exceeding speed limits on highways and country roads/ overtaking with noo safety margin… of course not everyone does that, but many do. Ive come to the point where I really respect someone when they indicate when changing lanes! So for those, I think they just knew how to put a good show on exam day, or that they took it a long time ago when things might have been simpler!
Guest 2023-12-05 16:38 ! Quote #
Sorry for a mistake (wrong copy/ paste) in my previous msg: I meant Ive come to the point where I really respect someone when they indicate when exiting round abouts. For changing lanes its a bit better than exiting round abouts
Guest 2024-03-15 19:45 ! Quote #
The people who feel proud of passing their driving test on the first attempt may not necessarily be exceptionally talented. For instance, someone who has been driving for over a year in the Gothenburg city but failed eight times likely has a better understanding of the examiners and the challenges involved. Personally, I have been driving in Gothenburg for over a year, and before that, I drove in my country for 10 years without any small traffic violations. Despite this experience, I failed my driving test here three times before passing on the fourth attempt. The fourth test, which I passed, was too worth to me compare to previous three and I was sure that I would fail again but I passed.
Therefore, those who luckily pass on their first try shouldn’t boast but rather share their knowledge and experiences.

Latest forum posts

Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Theory test, online demo