Start > Driving licence forum > Anyone want to try a different…

Anyone want to try a different approach?

Victor 2023-03-15 02:45 ! Quote #
I tried the practical driving test 8 times and come to the conclusion that the test is too intangible. Different inspector says different things and they sometimes conflict with each other.

I’m fairly certain they make it difficult to 1. make more profits (obviously) and 2. only pass a small group of people with a certain type of personality.

By a certain type of personality I mean you basically need to assume that all other cars on the road can’t take care of themselves and it’s your responsibility to 100% take care of them while following the ”rules” that only exist in some inspector’s head.

After reading some posts here about people spending xxx,xxx SEK on this scam, I decided to try a different approach.

I’ll get a driver’s license overseas and go to Romania to convert to EU license then come back to Sweden.

Considering the long queue in Sweden, this method won’t take too much more time, plus an oversea vacation. For residence permits in other countries, a simple university course should do. I don’t need to actually finish the study.

I’m sharing the method here and I’m curious if anyone wants to join the trip. :)
Guest 2023-03-15 21:09 ! Quote #
And thats why people die in traffic..
Guest 2023-03-16 21:32 ! Quote #
Maybe spend more time thinking about why you didn’t pass after 8 tries?
How dit you train between the tries? Or you didn’t since you are certain that you’re going to pass the next test?
I’ll give you that you are right about one thing, you need to be a specific type of driver: one that knows the rules and how to handle the vehicle.

I’ve taken 5 driving tests (many letters) with a success rate of 100%. How is this possible? 1, I studied a lot. 2, a lot of training before the test. 3, acting with confidence since I knew what I were doing!

Good luck with the licence, I hope you learn how to drive!
Guest 2023-03-17 22:11 ! Quote #
Victor 2023-03-15
I tried the practical driving test 8 times and come to the conclusion that the test is too intangible. Different inspector says different things and they sometimes conflict with each other.

I’m fairly certain they make it difficult to 1. make more profits (obviously) and 2. only pass a small group of people with a certain type of personality.

By a certain type of personality I mean you basically need to assume that all other cars on the road can’t take care of themselves and it’s your responsibility to 100% take care of them while following the ”rules” that only exist in some inspector’s head.

After reading some posts here about people spending xxx,xxx SEK on this scam, I decided to try a different approach.

I’ll get a driver’s license overseas and go to Romania to convert to EU license then come back to Sweden.

Considering the long queue in Sweden, this method won’t take too much more time, plus an oversea vacation. For residence permits in other countries, a simple university course should do. I don’t need to actually finish the study.

I’m sharing the method here and I’m curious if anyone wants to join the trip. :)
Its not that easy as you say… You need to live in Romania permanent for 6 months before you can convert it to a Swedish driving license!
Guest 2023-03-22 15:57 ! Quote #
I going to my home country anyway this summer. Will share my experience once it’s done.

The problem with the system is that there is no appeal. There is no oversight to the inspector. Why is that?

I drove in Sweden for a year with no issues. My biggest regret is I didn’t go to Romania to fix my EU license while my current driver’s license was still valid.

I’m posting the message here as a warning for foreigners. If you have a driver’s license, go to another EU country to exchange one instead of taking the test in Sweden. You never know how deep the hole is.
Guest 2023-03-22 16:13 ! Quote #
Guest 2023-03-16
Maybe spend more time thinking about why you didn’t pass after 8 tries?
How dit you train between the tries? Or you didn’t since you are certain that you’re going to pass the next test?
I’ll give you that you are right about one thing, you need to be a specific type of driver: one that knows the rules and how to handle the vehicle.

I’ve taken 5 driving tests (many letters) with a success rate of 100%. How is this possible? 1, I studied a lot. 2, a lot of training before the test. 3, acting with confidence since I knew what I were doing!

Good luck with the licence, I hope you learn how to drive!

Too bad, I’m getting my license anyway.

Why let other people dictate what I can do?

Get inspired folks.
Guest 2023-03-22 18:57 ! Quote #
How come a lot of people passed the test before you?
How come many more will pass tomorrow and the days to come?
Yes, some people will fail too, but why do you feel that it’s impossible for you?

What are the reasons why you failed?

Get back in the saddle!
Guest 2023-03-22 19:10 ! Quote #
And by the way, it’s a tax funded non profit organisation. The staff will not get a raise for passing, nor failing, people.
Thus, their aim is not fail a bigger amount of people.

I worked with a 60 years old man from Ireland, he passed his first time in Sweden!
Guest 2023-03-23 02:06 ! Quote #
I don’t feel it’s impossible. I just happen to have a better method.

Why pick the hard test when you have other options? :lol:
Guest 2023-03-23 02:21 ! Quote #
For people who are reading this, look at the article below. It’s been done. I wish I had seen this sooner.

If you come to Sweden with a driver’s license, go get one in Romania, any university course can help you fix the residence permit.

Godspeed

romania-insider.com/sweeds-driving-license-ro-apr-2022#:~:text=The%20high%20costs%20for%20driving,Profit.ro%20quoting%20Swedish%20media.

Latest forum posts

Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Free theory test