Start > Driving licence forum > Can a person be destined for n…

Can a person be destined for not driving?

Zero 2020-04-09 20:06 ! Quote #
:x :cry: I have failed 4 times too and i just want to give up on this ridiculous driving system in sweden, a girl i know she learned how to drive in 3 weeks !! 3 freaking weeks and passed first try she told me she made so many mistakes but she passed how is that fair ? She wants to learn more before driving alone now. Meanwhile i started learning 4 years ago and paid 20k + krona throughout the process my traffic school every freaking time tests me then they approve when i can take the test and then when i come back complaining about how i did everything right but still failed they don’t care they blame for failing and train more :) how is this even allowed in sweden?
Guest 2020-04-10 01:08 ! Quote #
Zero 2020-04-09
:x :cry: I have failed 4 times too and i just want to give up on this ridiculous driving system in sweden, a girl i know she learned how to drive in 3 weeks !! 3 freaking weeks and passed first try she told me she made so many mistakes but she passed how is that fair ? She wants to learn more before driving alone now. Meanwhile i started learning 4 years ago and paid 20k + krona throughout the process my traffic school every freaking time tests me then they approve when i can take the test and then when i come back complaining about how i did everything right but still failed they don’t care they blame for failing and train more :) how is this even allowed in sweden?
You’re blaming the system but not yourself?
Well that’s one way to handle it.
She’s better than you, face the facts.

Learn the things you fail with instead of blaming the system.....
Guest 2020-04-10 13:05 ! Quote #
I have failed 3 times in the practical test (passed the theoretical in the first exam).
I have driven for more than 15 years before in several countries, in very stressful driving conditions in North, Latin America and Asia (I am an expat here in SE), and never in any traffic accident.

All those 3 failures were for, according to the examiner, that was was not keeping pace with the traffic, even though I was always told to drive extremely careful in the exam. The final exam when I passed I just ignored all ”advices” from the driving school and drove as I would normally and passed. My reflection on the whole process is that, the examiner passes you if he wants to.

Of course if you are an awful drive you will fail, but the willingness of the examiner is 80% of passing or failing you.
Granny 2020-04-23 06:22 ! Quote #
Keep at it. Do not throw away that money by giving up

I took my first driving test at the age of 20 in South Africa . When I moved here 18 months ago to help with my grandchildren I was obliged to take a test here as SA are not valid after a year. I have been driving for 40 years and yet, I still failed the first test I took and passed on the second. I also had quite a few lessons so that I was familiar with the area in Stockholm and how to drive ’the Swedish way’ I know exactly what i did wrong höger regel
Essentially I was so focused on doing it ’right’ that I forgot how to drive. Even the examiner felt sorry for me haha He said I can see that you are an experienced driver, but you missed a HR and i have to fail you. I was furious with myself but in hindsight realise i white knuckle drove the whole test. The next test I just treated it as if I was driving a friends Dad home and he was telling me the directions .
I think what happened to me could be happening to you - you are so focused on the test , you are not driving as well as you can .
So If i can pass at the age of nearly 60 then I am sure you will too. It is not that you are not destined to drive, it may be that you are too test obsessed (understandable) you can and will pass . Keep going You will only regret it if you give up. Good Luck

Latest forum posts

Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Free theory test