Start > Driving licence forum > Can a person be destined for n…

Can a person be destined for not driving?

Mido 2018-12-13 13:47 ! Quote #
I took the practical driving test 3 times now and paid more than 20000 kr in the process and every time i feel angry and upset at the inspector, myself and the amount of money i threw that was for nothing.

Every time i say that’s it but i come back again due to pressure from my mother, now i feel there is no other way, i amnot born to drive.

i even told my mother to never mention the driving license in front of me, it’s a money burner and i love money, i think i made a mistake spending it all.

Now the theory test will expire before i do another practical.

Every time i start the process i feel pressured and stressed because it’s just how i am during studies / tests.

i give up, it’s not for me.... Most people i know get it in the first try or maximum at 3rd try.
Pinup 2018-12-13 17:08 ! Quote #
I know people who had to do the Driving test Four times. Maybe you are to nervous when you do the test. No one was born to drive. Don’t give up you Will get that licence one day. Btw if you by any chance have to do it all over again just do it. Good luck :)
Mido 2018-12-13 17:50 ! Quote #
To do it all over again is so nerve-racking and months and months of stressful thoughtsand costs a lot
Guest 2018-12-13 23:12 ! Quote #
My sister failed 7 or 8 times. She was probably as depressed as you but she made it in the end. The only way you will fail is if you give up.

You didn’t post a copy of your driving protocol so we have no idea what level you are at and what you need help with.
Sanna 2018-12-14 16:29 ! Quote #
I have a friend who failed 8 times and she also found it very hard. I really feel for you and i hope that next time you will manage. Maybe you need to change driving instructor? I also guess u get mad at people saying ”never give up, keep going, you can make it”...because inside you are feeling totally the opposite. But Mido - you will feel such a failure if u dont fight on. Ask your inspector for help, and tell him/her that you feel down about it.

Do you pay yourself? I know myself that the expsense is huge but thankfully my Dad payed most of it for me.
Mido 2018-12-15 17:06 ! Quote #
Exactly Sanna, i get mad at people saying these things because they didn’t have it as hard as i did.

Yes i pay for it myself, i needed it to apply for certain jobs.

The instructors i have are nice and uplifting sometimes, but you know that it’s business and i think they would like any chance to get more money from a student.

When i came to Sweden i had never driven a car in my life, i learned it by a handledare who now isn’t available anymore to help me.

if i don’t fight for it, i don’t know how i will feel. i guess i will have to move to a new city whenever i change my studies / career.
Sanna 2018-12-15 21:51 ! Quote #
Goodness, if you pay for it yourself then i understand the worry even more. Could you not ask your parents to lend you the money, and pay it back when you have finished school?

I really feel sorry for you, i wish i could do something for you. I totally see what you mean by that they take the chance to get any money, i felt the same. I said when i started that i wanted as few lessons as possible because i didnt want to spend too much money and asked if they could teach me everything they could in 7 lessons. There answer was no, that was not possible at all, i needed a few more lessons if i wanted to pass the test.

Lmk if there is anything i can do for you Mido <3
Piraten74 2018-12-27 03:49 ! Quote #
Mido 2018-12-13
I took the practical driving test 3 times now and paid more than 20000 kr in the process and every time i feel angry and upset at the inspector, myself and the amount of money i threw that was for nothing.

Every time i say that’s it but i come back again due to pressure from my mother, now i feel there is no other way, i amnot born to drive.

i even told my mother to never mention the driving license in front of me, it’s a money burner and i love money, i think i made a mistake spending it all.

Now the theory test will expire before i do another practical.

Every time i start the process i feel pressured and stressed because it’s just how i am during studies / tests.

i give up, it’s not for me.... Most people i know get it in the first try or maximum at 3rd try.
You haven’t given up :)
Wy do you write here, if you have given up ?
You want your license and can make it :)
If you stop now you have spend 20000 on nothing at all :(
So keep trying :)

Piraten74
Jesper 2019-01-02 23:09 ! Quote #
I asked myself just this, i finished by driving exam a month ago, it’s a hellhole so keep pushing it, you will feel so good when it’s done, just think ”safety safety safety” and drive like an old lady, make sure the driving inspector feels safe, that you are in control of the vehicle, not vice versa.
Gästen 2019-01-02 23:48 ! Quote #
Just keep practising. Remember that there’s people with the age of 50+, that are either taking or have taken driving lincese at that age.

Keep practising.

Driving in muscle memory.. one day (in your younger days) you didn’t know how to stand on two feet, today, you do that with (muscle) memory.

8-) Good luck!

Latest forum posts

Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Free theory test