Start > Driving licence forum > Rant in English
De Boss 2022-09-03 23:33 ! Quote #
After my theory exams in English, I was too sure of the answers I ticked ofcourse I clicked finish exams with alot of confidence and got the message ” you passed”. but to my greatest surprise when the results were sent to my email, I saw that i narrowly passed..

It was my first attempt..but the result breakdown kept me thinking, could it be that the so called 5 questions that do not count out of the 70 questions is somehow multiplied by a positive factor above 1, If it is one’s first attempt? I am thinking now as a programmer..perhaps to make sure one really study hard and between the lines to pass at first attempt? ?..just thinking aloud!

It would be nice to hear from anyone who took the test in English and passed in the first attempt and passed upto 60 questions..
Kiki 2023-04-28 11:36 ! Quote #
I totally agree that there is something amiss with the English exam. One of the main things I feel that is a common occurrence is ambiguity. For instance, When you have a question about what would you do if your car broke down on a highway and two of the options to choose from are as follows:-
a) Have your car towed
b) Call a towing service

Of course, the answer is that you should have your car towed. However, when you have options like the ones above it brings about ambiguity. So while I was answering this question I chose option a) Have your car towed which I failed and they gave the answer as option b) Call a towing service. Now honestly what is the difference here? Why construct questions that are ambiguous?
Guest 2023-04-30 18:58 ! Quote #
Kiki 2023-04-28
I totally agree that there is something amiss with the English exam. One of the main things I feel that is a common occurrence is ambiguity. For instance, When you have a question about what would you do if your car broke down on a highway and two of the options to choose from are as follows:-
a) Have your car towed
b) Call a towing service

Of course, the answer is that you should have your car towed. However, when you have options like the ones above it brings about ambiguity. So while I was answering this question I chose option a) Have your car towed which I failed and they gave the answer as option b) Call a towing service. Now honestly what is the difference here? Why construct questions that are ambiguous?
Its on the highway!!?
Anonymous 2023-05-08 14:49 ! Quote #
I agreed with all the above comments especially their English grammar. I read their questions a few times and compare with the answers 1. The questions doesn’t make sense and is not clear how to choose the answers.
I agree the test is to test our knowledge not to trick us.
I have studied for a month from text book and 2 online link I have join as members . I did the test 3 x a day and the results were 90 % and above and I failed 3x going for my next test soon. I have been driving in my country for 30 years and this is so challenging for me. On top of that I have to spend a lot too.
Guest 2023-05-08 18:19 ! Quote #
To be honest I’m getting frustrated with their English grammar it doesn’t make sense in sentences, and it makes it difficult to understand their question,
I think they are use translate English, for example, sign question, when i saw some sign in exam i know the sign but their grammar will not make sense for me to choose the right answer.
Leuka 2023-05-11 11:27 ! Quote #
Agreed! There are so many errors in vocabulary and clarity that it sometimes makes it difficult to know which answer is correct
Guest 2023-05-11 15:43 ! Quote #
Id-kort if the theory corresponds.
Guest 2023-09-01 09:18 ! Quote #
I totally agreed with the tricky misleading answer in English
I finally made it after 3rd attempts on the English theory test
I honestly feel it’s very unfair and wished it’s a more straight forward answer than to play mind game
= Mind is right yours is wrong!!!!
The anxiety is so high coz you are sitting there 2nd guessing your answer
Wondering if I should choose the other due to the wording when the answer is similar
Yeah some of us failed many times but don’t give up cox you will reach the finishing line eventually
I wish you all the best and I really hope I will make it for the coming on the road test
Anyone out there have tips on what I should be aware of ??
Appreciate your help
Guest 2024-02-14 10:37 ! Quote #
Very true!!
Tony 2024-02-22 17:01 ! Quote #
I am doing the trial questions.

There are so many trick questions.

It’s a rule but at the same time, you can do whatever you want.

The feeling i get is they are deliberately trying to fail as many people as possible to justify something?

In the book, it says you can’t park there its a loading bay for trucks in the trial questions it is ok if you unload a TV from your car.
There are some pictures that dont exist anywhere else with road marking like a circle on the ground with a x in it.
There are 4 answers and 3 are correct now pick the most correct one.
or
There are 2 answers and both answers are wrong now pick the less wrong one.

Latest forum posts

Topic
2024-07-08 16:57
2024-07-08 15:59
Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Free theory test