Start > Driving licence forum > Failed today driving

Failed today driving

Xman 2021-08-20 22:33 ! Quote #
I went on driving test this week in Uppsala, Failed. This is 4th time try on. The examiner said I didn’t Give way to a truck and said I drove little too slow. I accepted the first comment, which was at the entry road of Trafikverket, road side doesn’t mark with ’Give way’ sign, but the road has white mark on the ground, the truck was on the left lane for a while not moving at all, I interpreted ’car language’ he let me go first; I got failed based on that, I just thought why you do this to trick student, your goal is checking overall capability of driving safely.

And I worked for government sector, knew that Trafikverket’s boss is mad because the traffic crime rate is so high, specially speeding, https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/vagtrafik/statistik/Korkort/Statistik-over-aterkallade-korkort-efter-aterkallelsepunkt/. then Swedish government send ’task’ to Trafikverket to uphold statistics to lift up politician’s faces. I mean the original initiative was on good faith, but in real world, isn’t people drive too slow, it is the opposite, you have to adapt to real situations to see either too fast or too slow, can’t just simple say ’you drive too slow’, and sometimes examiners were ’bias’ , don’t have time to evaluate student fully, just pin down on tablet for very shallow reasons.

From Psychology point of view, he or she have to meet so many come to test day in and day out, can you say he/she hold 100% objective to make decision, maybe NOT; If I am sit as inspector, I will feel pretty much ’fatigue’ after a long day, then it’s a matter of luck students are trying. And they can’t ensure bad students slip through the cracks to be a bad driver in the future after they pass their exam. Because bad driving is a ’habit’ ’impulsive’ or drug alcohol influences related, that is why speeding crime is constantly uptick even you try to fail many students, this is zero sum game.

At the end I still want Trafikverket improve their tool and find balance to grade people who take exams, rather than like now run through ’non sense’ kinda bias prone system.
lula123 2021-08-21 10:13 ! Quote #
1) Can you elaborate a bit more on the truck situation? The truck was coming from the left and you had road marks on the ground for give way to intersecting traffic? If this is the case, inspector was correct.

2) driving slow has to be justified to the inspector while driving. There should be a reason why you drive 70km/h on a 100km/h road for example. If you give us examples we can help

Latest forum posts

Topic
2024-05-01 21:42
2024-04-24 07:23
2024-04-23 08:27
Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Free theory test