Start > Driving licence forum > Driving test on a rainy day - …

Driving test on a rainy day - Second attempt

Guest 2024-10-07 12:24 ! Quote #
:) Hey guys, I’ve my 2nd attempt coming up in Järfalla.

Weather app shows that it’s gonna be heavy rain during my driving test time - any specific tips on this part?

How it will work for me when there are unexpected weather conditons?
Carl 2024-10-08 12:11 ! Quote #
Drive slower on high-speed roads to avoid aqua planning and to mind the increased braking distance. Also note that your sight will be worse, especially through the side windows. The weather conditions, while a little tricky, provide an excellent opportunity for you to show the inspector awareness and safety.

Make sure you can locate the demister buttons ;)

Best of luck on your test.
Guest 2024-10-09 09:42 ! Quote #
I failed it today.

Mistakes:

On a motorway, I gave exit (right) indicator as soon as I see the first exit sign (1000m left) - He said it is too early to give it

Mistakes in the round-about where I indicated too early while on the left lane when I needed to turn to the left, he quickly told me this and I fixed it

Reverse parking between the two cars, it wasn’t properly positioned when parked, the tyres were on the marking :(

It is a heavy rainy day and I drove on a completely new road and road conditions, I really believe I drove good.

What you guys think about the first mistake? Is it really a mistake?
Guest 2024-10-09 10:56 ! Quote #
Also

He said, I was crawling when there’s a STOP sign and I didn’t stop.

And I haven’t seen the STOP sign at all, so my bad.

It is heavily raining today and thus this mistake.
Guest 2024-10-09 11:08 ! Quote #
Sorry if I come of as blunt, but it sounds like the inspector did a good job when he didn’t approve your driving then. All of those mistakes are quite massive ones that makes traffic situations confusing and harder so adjust to for other drivers. I’d recommend you to drive for at least a couple weeks more in city traffic, maybe with a driving instructor in case you’ve mostly driven privately before.

+ If you park someone during your next test, make sure that you go out of the car or at least open your door if you’re unsure about wether the tiers are inside the lines or not. That’s a perfectly fine thing to do when you’re driving a car you’re not used to.
Guest 2024-10-09 13:07 ! Quote #
Hi,

thanks for your answer, no I am writing about my mistakes here so to get feedback from the experience.

I have taken classes from the trafikskola at the same time I drove privately with a instructor (I believe he has some permission to do so), he is good and experience driver in Sweden for 40 years but as I learn probably that’s not the expectations today.

With respect to your comment about the parking, is it totally fine if I open the door just in case to double check? or do drive/reverse a couple of times to make sure it aligned right there in between two cars?
Guest 2024-10-09 13:09 ! Quote #
And regarding this one,

On a motorway, I gave exit (right) indicator as soon as I see the first exit sign (1000m left) - He said it is too early to give it

I believe when I am driving on the far right and want to take exit in 1000m I am ok to give right indicator to let behind cars prepared and understand that I will be turning to the right, there’s no other way to go otherwise, that’s what I feel and understood from my classes.
Guest 2024-10-09 13:54 ! Quote #
Regarding the parking: Yes it’s totally normal to check how you’re standing in the lot before you say that you’re finished. I opened my door just so see where the line was when I had my test, which was completely fine, I didn’t even ask first because I know several people who’s done the same. Just be clear to the person you’re driving with about that you don’t have experience of a car that size, and would like to make sure that the wheels are in the lot and that someone that parks next to you can get out of the door. That shows that you know the driving theory well and that you respect other drivers. If you struggle a lot with the parking tho, that you have to redo it more than two times or more, I’d say they probably will think that you have to practice more on your own before you have your next test.

Regarding the motorway: 1000m before is way too early, even if you’re in the right lane and don’t have anywhere to go to the right yet it will confuse other drivers. It is enough to do it 3-5 seconds before you turn. Since you’re not supposed to slow down until you’ve already drove off to the right, there’s no need to signal that early. That’s why it can be confusing for other. I hope that helps! :)
Guest 2024-10-09 14:38 ! Quote #
:) Thanks for your detailed answer. I hope to correct and rectify my mistakes and practice few more classes before re-appear for the test.

Latest forum posts

Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Theory test, online demo