Start > Driving licence forum > Failed driving test for blocki…

Failed driving test for blocking a speeding car

toby 2024-04-24 20:07 ! Quote #
I was in the left lane due to crossing to pass over some slow moving vehicles. I couldn’t return to the middle or right lane any time soon but the instructor said I was blocking the car behind me. I stated I am going 100 kmh.

Should I have broke the law and sped up over the speed limit? I asked after the test and he had no good answer.
Seems pretty silly to break the law to help someone else breaking the law.
Guest 2024-04-24 22:37 ! Quote #
toby 2024-04-24
I was in the left lane due to crossing to pass over some slow moving vehicles. I couldn’t return to the middle or right lane any time soon but the instructor said I was blocking the car behind me. I stated I am going 100 kmh.

Should I have broke the law and sped up over the speed limit? I asked after the test and he had no good answer.
Seems pretty silly to break the law to help someone else breaking the law.
” I asked after the test and he had no good answer”

Which means he gave you a good answer you refuse to accept and not showing it here. No instructor in the world would tell you to break the law to overtake what actually happened was you miss-calculated the situation and wasn’t decisive with your intention to overtake/not planning your overtake correctly results in you blocking the left lane unnecessarily. Ofcourse it’s easier to blame the car behind for speeding which you totally have an accurate speed radar to confirm.
Guest 2024-04-29 13:20 ! Quote #
It really depends on how many cars you were planning on overtaking and if they were really going a lot slower than 100 kmh.

If you saw a car in your side mirror approaching in the left lane maybe you could’ve waited for them to pass until you began the overtake since you probably knew it would take some time to overtake all those cars.

Thats probably what the instructor meant, not that you should’ve sped up. If someone is speeding, let them do it since its none of your business but you shouldn’t in any way slow them down by moving infront of them since this can infuriate them which often leads to irrational and dangerous decisions made by that driver.

Latest forum posts

Topic
2024-05-01 21:42
2024-04-24 07:23
2024-04-23 08:27
Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Free theory test