Start > Driving licence forum > Could an intervention mark dur…

Could an intervention mark during the driving exam cause issues for my next attempt?

Anigun 2024-03-11 22:26 ! Quote #
Today, during my driving test, the examiner intervened as I was reversing out of a parking spot. Although I intentionally kept my wheels slightly turned, he deemed it incorrect and intervened as soon as I began reversing. Apart from that, the rest of the test went smoothly with minimal issues. Will the intervention mark negatively affect my next attempt at the exam?
Anonym 2024-03-11 23:07 ! Quote #
No. Don’t worry about it. Every new test is supposed to be a clean slate, it doesn’t matter what or how you failed the past test - as long as you don’t do the mistake again. The examiner will be able to see your past results, so they might keep an extra eye out for whatever you failed for last time to make sure you have learnt by your mistakes and now are a safe driver. But, they won’t make the test “harder” to pass in any way, or fail you for mistakes others wouldn’t be failed for no matter what happened at the last test. Personally, I failed my driving exam twice, both with an intervention mark, and today - just three days since my second attempt, i passed! Do not worry about it and just drive as you normally would!!! Good luck!
Anigun 2024-03-12 11:31 ! Quote #
Thank you for your prompt reply. It greatly boosts my confidence.

Additionally, I presume we can schedule the next driving test immediately, possibly even the following day, and that will not impact the result.

Congratulations on passing your driving test! Wishing you safe travels ahead.
Nicke 2024-03-12 22:10 ! Quote #
Anigun 2024-03-11
Today, during my driving test, the examiner intervened as I was reversing out of a parking spot. Although I intentionally kept my wheels slightly turned, he deemed it incorrect and intervened as soon as I began reversing. Apart from that, the rest of the test went smoothly with minimal issues. Will the intervention mark negatively affect my next attempt at the exam?
Yes it will. They keep histories of previous errors and make their evaluation based on that.
Anonym 2024-03-13 20:27 ! Quote #
Anigun 2024-03-12
Thank you for your prompt reply. It greatly boosts my confidence.

Additionally, I presume we can schedule the next driving test immediately, possibly even the following day, and that will not impact the result.

Congratulations on passing your driving test! Wishing you safe travels ahead.
Yes! You can schedule a new test almost immediately - sometimes it’s hard to find a new “appointment” that’s not way ahead tho.

I recommend getting on the booking site often, around lunch and early in the mornings - usually you’ll find cancellations the same or the following day. That worked very well for me!

Good luck!
H 2024-04-19 19:43 ! Quote #
Nicke 2024-03-12
Yes it will. They keep histories of previous errors and make their evaluation based on that.
Yes they do. but they do not make their evaluation based on it.. they will for sure put you in that scenario again and see if you fail or if you practiced and learned.

Latest forum posts

Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Theory test, online demo