Start > Driving licence forum > Reversing in parking slot

Reversing in parking slot

Guest 2024-02-26 05:46 ! Quote #
If I park the car in the parking area and have to reverse to take out. while i am reversing another car is approaching me but he can not pass through since your car is already halfway in the access road in the parking area. then i stop my car then that car also stop there after. then again i reverse my car out and drive my way .

is that the correct behavior to do?
Charlotte 2024-02-26 20:56 ! Quote #
Not sure i fully understand the scenario but before you reverse anywhere you should vheck if any cars are approaching you, if you’re gonna block the road it might be smart to let them through first but if you’re in the middle of parking you should finish it rather than stopping to let them pass unless you think your parking is gonna take longer than normal due to you struggling with it or other reasons that could prolong the situation :)
charlotte 2024-02-26 20:58 ! Quote #
I just realised you meant when leaving the parking spot, not when entering it ;)
In that case you should let cars pass as they have priority over you, only leave once you can do so without disruption the traffic flow too much

Latest forum posts

Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Free theory test