Fines

Guest 2023-10-08 16:41 ! Quote #
I am an international student, doing my masters. I used a non-EU driving license to drive during my studies. I am aware that I can drive with the license for up to 1 year and to drive after that I have to apply for an extension to transportstyrelsen.
I applied for an extension 4 months ago before the completion of 1 year. But I haven’t received my decision from transportstyrelsen.
As they sent me a letter after 4 months of time asking for proof that I am studying in Sweden.

Yesterday I got caught by the police for driving using a non-EU licence. Police informed me that, They will call for a hearing, I don’t know how much of a problem it is going to bring me, Due to the less public transport facility, I have to use my car, especially when I am finishing my night shift.

Please advise the following queries,
1. Is there any way I can plead to the police?
2. Will this criminal record affect my visa processing and Resident Permit in the near future?
3. What could be the fine amount? (I am a student, just doing a part time job in Restaurant)
4. Can the Prosecutor reduce/withdraw my fine, and withdraw the crime from the record if I provide with enough documents and plea from my side.

Looking forward to receiving your support and assistance in this matter.
Thank you.
Guest 2023-10-10 23:15 ! Quote #
Guest 2023-10-08
I am an international student, doing my masters. I used a non-EU driving license to drive during my studies. I am aware that I can drive with the license for up to 1 year and to drive after that I have to apply for an extension to transportstyrelsen.
I applied for an extension 4 months ago before the completion of 1 year. But I haven’t received my decision from transportstyrelsen.
As they sent me a letter after 4 months of time asking for proof that I am studying in Sweden.

Yesterday I got caught by the police for driving using a non-EU licence. Police informed me that, They will call for a hearing, I don’t know how much of a problem it is going to bring me, Due to the less public transport facility, I have to use my car, especially when I am finishing my night shift.

Please advise the following queries,
1. Is there any way I can plead to the police?
2. Will this criminal record affect my visa processing and Resident Permit in the near future?
3. What could be the fine amount? (I am a student, just doing a part time job in Restaurant)
4. Can the Prosecutor reduce/withdraw my fine, and withdraw the crime from the record if I provide with enough documents and plea from my side.

Looking forward to receiving your support and assistance in this matter.
Thank you.
1. No.
2. Probably not but it won’t be a good thing.
3. A couple of thousand.
4. What documents? Did you or did you not drive without a valid license?

By the way, you knew you had to take a Swedish license after a year but still waited?

I wish you luck but don’t be surprised if you’re found guilty.

Latest forum posts

Topic
2024-05-01 21:42
2024-04-24 07:23
2024-04-23 08:27
Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Free theory test