Start > Driving licence forum > On the road test - what shall …

On the road test - what shall I pay attention to?

Guest 2023-09-04 07:39 ! Quote #
I going to take my OTR test.. any advice out here?
Guest 2023-09-04 23:25 ! Quote #
Just stay calm and drive :D
Petra 2023-09-05 09:49 ! Quote #
First of all, let me wish you good luck for your exam and remember to keep calm.

Here are some tips that worked for me:

Accelerate slowly and start braking earlier than you would otherwise. Keep the speed close to the limit, like 5km/h below gives your examiner a sense of comfort and let go off the gas pedal when you see you will need to slow down / stop just soon ahead. Do aggregated head turns to let your examiner know you are really watching all your mirrors and blind spots.

Do not change lanes too quickly and sharply, regardless if there are no other vehicles around you. This is especially important to remember in case you realize that you will miss a turn because you are in the wrong lane and suddenly want to jump into the correct one - don’t! Stay in the lane and tell the examiner you will find a another place to turn around and that won’t be considered a mistake. You can also ask what is the speed limit in case you missed the sign for example.
If your examiner talks to you, do not look at him, not not even for a second.I have heard that’s a test to see whether you take your eyes off the road.

PS: I passed my driving exam for the second time (yesterday :lol: ) . I never took any practical driving lessons from schools, neither mock test. But I have driven for about 110 hours privately with my partner including highway in heavy rain, rush hours, between extreme crowd during festival, evening drive on country road.
MIL 2023-09-05 17:11 ! Quote #
Thank you Petra for taking time to respond to my question
I appreciate your effort and time
Most of all the tips - do ‘s and don’t s!!
Congrats on your success
So happy for you
I passed in my 1st attempt 2023-09-12 11:35 ! Quote #
Hi all
Today I passed my driving test on my 1st attempt!!
I got 2 officer - 1 on training the other is the
Test officer. Both of them makes me feel at ease … my anxiety was gone!! Both are very professional.. making the whole test pleasant and no stress
Yeah I just want to share that we all
Might experience different scenarios but end of the day it’s all about how you drive
And understands the traffic regulation
Read the traffic atmosphere around you
And drive calmly
Good luck to the future swedish licence holders

Latest forum posts

Topic
2024-05-01 21:42
2024-04-24 07:23
2024-04-23 08:27
Open forum – post without registration
Start a new thread

Free Theory Book

Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 (körkortsboken på engelska)
Download Theory Book
PDF   364 pages   30 MB
Apple Books: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024 Google Play: Theory Book – Driving Licence Book 2024

Theory test with video questions

Video questions – Swedish theory test Free theory test